You want to look radiant on your wedding day –
fresh, flawless skin, a hint of a tan, white teeth, beautiful hair, etc. – but if you do not plan in advance, you could look like a wreck. Do NOT wait until the last-minute to take care of some beauty treatments! I have seen way too many brides end up with red splotches from last-minute beauty treatments and rashes or orange streaks from spray-tan mishaps.
Here is a list of recommended primping that you should do 2 weeks in advance:
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening can irritate your gums or create severe sensitivity (short-term, but nothing you want to deal with at your wedding celebration). Book an in-office teeth whitening OR begin your Crest White Strips regimen 2 weeks (or more) in advance and don’t forget your groom, he needs to look good too!
- Eyelash Extensions. I love eyelash extensions for brides as opposed to mascara because they look natural and eliminate the worry of running mascara. You will probably shed a tear or two on your wedding day and you don’t want to be worrying about black streaks running down your face.
- Spray Tan. I have seen a lot of spray tan mishaps including orange streaks and red rashes from a bad reaction to the formula. Do your spray tan experimenting well in advance of the big day. And don’t go too dark, a subtle glow always looks best.
- Waxing. Again, bad reactions to formula and general skin irritation are a big risk with waxing too close to the big day. Do this at least one week prior.
- Wedding shoes. Okay, this isn’t quiet beauty but it’s very important to do at least two weeks in advance – start wearing your wedding shoes! Wear them outside to scuff up the bottoms a bit so they aren’t so slippery. Wear them around the house. Break them in and find any sore spots so you can be proactive about blisters. There are a lot of great products that will give your feet more mileage if you put them on BEFORE your feet start hurting. Foot cushions and band-aids are miracle workers!
I highly recommend you go see Marcella Alderman at Camelback Women’s Healthfor all of your beauty needs, she is who I send all of my brides to. Marcella is wonderful and does permanent make-up, eyelash extensions, waxing, dermaplanes, facials, peels and more. Marcella can be reached at 602-595-6271. Don’t forget to have your groom polished up too – a deep-cleaning facial should be in order!… and once again, do this in ADVANCE!!!