In a digital age, it’s tempting to send a “thank-you” via email – but taking the time to write a tangible, ink-to-paper, card-in-envelope, addressed and stamped, thank-you card, means a lot to the recipient. Go the extra mile and send thank-you notes. It counts.
I got a card in the mail on Saturday from a bride whose wedding I did a year ago, and it felt really nice to get such a special thank-you. I am touched that she remembered me on her one year anniversary and took the time to send me a hand-written, thoughtful note.
“I had no idea when we hired a wedding planner that you would grow to be such an important , special person in my life. I appreciate how you were there for me every step of the way, listening and talking through the minutia of pink flowers and chivari chairs. I know how small those decisions were but you gave each one the gravitas I needed at the time.”
Reading that was so nice. Now I’m going to go order some really special thank-you cards! =)
What I’m liking…
This origami card by I Made Yoo Smile on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/186962460/thank-you-origami-gift-flower-card?ref=shop_home_active_5
Custom monogram on textured paper by Two Paper Dolls: http://twopaperdolls.com/blog/08/custom-monogrammed-stationery/
Some glitz is always pretty!
Like most brides, you are struggling to find a dress that suits all of your bridesmaids. They are individuals with different body shapes and style preferences. This is a great dress which allows your bridesmaids to suit themselves. Your girls can highlight the areas they feel confident about and cover the areas they don’t. And for those
pesky pregnant bridesmaids, they don’t have to worry about their changing body shape leading up to the wedding date!
The dress also comes in an array of colors:
This “Midnight color caught my attention. So rich.
Also, DO NOT FORGET to order a swatch (or several) of the dress color and fabric. You will want to bring it to your florist appointment and linen appointment.
Check out Dessy for all of the great styles and colors. Your bridesmaids will probably thank you.
You want to look radiant on your wedding day –
fresh, flawless skin, a hint of a tan, white teeth, beautiful hair, etc. – but if you do not plan in advance, you could look like a wreck. Do NOT wait until the last-minute to take care of some beauty treatments! I have seen way too many brides end up with red splotches from last-minute beauty treatments and rashes or orange streaks from spray-tan mishaps.
Here is a list of recommended primping that you should do 2 weeks in advance:
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening can irritate your gums or create severe sensitivity (short-term, but nothing you want to deal with at your wedding celebration). Book an in-office teeth whitening OR begin your Crest White Strips regimen 2 weeks (or more) in advance and don’t forget your groom, he needs to look good too!
- Eyelash Extensions. I love eyelash extensions for brides as opposed to mascara because they look natural and eliminate the worry of running mascara. You will probably shed a tear or two on your wedding day and you don’t want to be worrying about black streaks running down your face.
- Spray Tan. I have seen a lot of spray tan mishaps including orange streaks and red rashes from a bad reaction to the formula. Do your spray tan experimenting well in advance of the big day. And don’t go too dark, a subtle glow always looks best.
- Waxing. Again, bad reactions to formula and general skin irritation are a big risk with waxing too close to the big day. Do this at least one week prior.
- Wedding shoes. Okay, this isn’t quiet beauty but it’s very important to do at least two weeks in advance – start wearing your wedding shoes! Wear them outside to scuff up the bottoms a bit so they aren’t so slippery. Wear them around the house. Break them in and find any sore spots so you can be proactive about blisters. There are a lot of great products that will give your feet more mileage if you put them on BEFORE your feet start hurting. Foot cushions and band-aids are miracle workers!
I highly recommend you go see Marcella Alderman at Camelback Women’s Healthfor all of your beauty needs, she is who I send all of my brides to. Marcella is wonderful and does permanent make-up, eyelash extensions, waxing, dermaplanes, facials, peels and more. Marcella can be reached at 602-595-6271. Don’t forget to have your groom polished up too – a deep-cleaning facial should be in order!… and once again, do this in ADVANCE!!!
Yes, I’m talking about me! I got married a few weeks ago and am delighted to share some photos and details. We got married in a small, private ceremony on Friday with our parents, siblings and children and then celebrated on Saturday with 100 of our closest friends and family at the beautiful Talavera restaurant at Four Seasons North Scottsdale.
Yes, I did wear black to my ceremony.
But hey, I loved the dress and added some pink shoes!
A better look at my pink shoes…
My new husband and I appreciate great food, so it was very important to us to have an amazing menu. Talavera Delivered. Each guest was given a menu and were able to choose their own salad and entree.
My beautiful wedding cake by Sedona Cake Couture
The night was full of special moments – toasts from each of our 4 children which left us blotting our eyes, dancing to the music of my two favorite singers, and being surrounded by my closest friends and family. What made our wedding so special was the way we felt.